Chester Bennington was an American singer and songwriter best known as the frontman for the rock band Linkin Park. He was also the lead singer for Dead by Sunrise and fronted Stone Temple Pilots from 2013 to 2015.
Stargist.com brings you 7 things you may not have known about the late Rock star.
1. He was born on March 20, 1976 in Phoenix, Arizona.
2. Bennington’s parents divorced when he was 11 years old, and his father gained custody of him. After the divorce, Bennington started abusing marijuana, alcohol, opium, cocaine, methamphetamine and LSD.
3. In an interview, Bennington revealed that he had suffered sexual abuse from an older male friend when he was seven years old. He was afraid to ask for help because he did not want people to think he was gay or lying, and the abuse continued until the age of 13.
4. At the age of 17, Bennington moved in with his mother, and was banned from leaving the house when his mother discovered his drug activity.
5. Chester worked at a Burger King before starting his career as a professional musician.
6. He was physically bullied in high school. In an interview, he said, “I was knocked around like a rag doll at school, for being skinny and looking different.
7. Bennington was married twice and he has six children.
8. Bennington died of an apparent suicide by hanging at his home in Palos Verdes Estates, California; his housekeeper discovered his body around 9 a.m. PDT on July 20, 2017