Leon Balogun can be best described as the new found impeccable Super Eagles defender who gave the Cameroonian Indomitable Lions strikers hard time to find the Nigeria net.
Stargist.com presents 7 facts about the handsome footballer.
1. Leon Aderemi Balogun was born on June 28th 1988 In Berlin.
2. He was born to a Nigerian father who reportedly hails from Ijebu Ode and a German mother.
3. He made his Bundesliga debut on 19 April 2009 for Hannover 96 in a game against Hamburger SV.
4. Balogun was called up by Nigeria for a March 2014 friendly against Mexico as a replacement for Joseph Yobo.
5. On 25 March 2015, he played his second game for Nigeria in a 1–0 loss against Uganda.
6. He played his third game for the country on 13 June 2015 when he featured in a 2–0 win over Chad in the opening game of qualifying for the 2017 African Nations Cup.
7. The 29 year old helped Nigeria secure their spot in The World Cup in Russia with their 1-0 victory.