Music and Dancehall star, Shatta Wale is currently in the news after he said Wizkid was overated.
Ghanaian-born, Shatta Wale is a producer, record label owner and reggae-dancehall musician best known for his song “Dancehall King”.
Stargist.com presents 7 things you probably didn’t know about the dancehall star.
1. Shatta Wale whose real name is Charles Nii Armah Mensah Jnr. is a Ghanaian born 17 October 1984.
2. Charles attended Aguafo Secondary School and during that time he was known as ‘Baby boy. He changed his name to “Bandana” after senior high school and released the track “Bandana from Ghana”. The song made tremendous air waves in the Ghanaian music industry in 2004.
3. He is the founder of the Shatta Movement Empire.
4. Shatta Wale released a hot track in 2013 which attracted loads of youth in Ghana and the track is titled ‘Dance Hall King’
5. In 2014, Shatta Wale was unveiled as one of the brand ambassadors of Guinness Ghana Breweries along with other musicians like Reggie Rockstone, EL, and Fuse ODG for Made of Black campaign.
6. In May 2014, British Newspaper, The Guardian, reported Wale’s song “Wine Ya Waist” featuring Davido from Nigeria was one of five “must-listen to” songs
7. All time rounder in 2013, 2014 and 2015, Shatta Wale has won numerous awards but he requested not to be listed among nominees of Vodafone Ghana Music Award in 2015, Which he could have won for the second time. The reggae-dancehall musician beat super stars like Wizkid, Davido, Mr Eazi, Tekno, Yemi Alade, Tiwa Savage and Diamond Platnumz to become the Artiste of the year at the 2017 African Pride Awards.