Today, 31st of August, Fans and friends of Diana, princess of Wales mark the 20th anniversary of her death on Thursday as well-wishers lit candles and paid their respects at the sombre scene of her fatal car crash.
To celebrate Princess Diana on the 20th anniversary of her tragic death, Stargist.com presents epic moments of her life.
On July 29, 1981, Prince Charles and Princess Diana tied the knot at the St. Paul’s Cathedral, London.
On September 16, 1984, Prince Charles and Princess Diana leave St. Mary’s Hospital in Paddington, London, with their new baby son.
3. On August 19, 1995, Princess Diana, her sons Prince Harry and Prince William and Prince Charles, watch a veteran’s parade during the 50th anniversary of VJ Day commemorations in London.
4. Then South African president Nelson Mandela and Princess Diana during a meeting in Cape Town.
5. Britain’s Diana, Princess of Wales, talking with a man infected with the AIDS virus, during a visit to a hospital in Rio de Janeiro.
6. Diana was awarded with the Leonardo Prize, given to the most distinguished patrons and people in the arts, medicine and sport.
7. Charles and Diana on their last official trip together
8. On August 31, 1997, Police services prepare to take away the car in which Britain’s Diana, Princess of Wales, died in Paris, in a car crash that also killed her boyfriend, Dodi Fayed, and the chauffeur. The crash happened shortly after midnight in a tunnel along the Seine River at the Pont de l Alma bridge, while paparazzi on motorcycles were following her car.
9. On September 6, 1997, Britain’s Prince Charles, Prince Harry, Earl Charles Spencer, Prince William and Prince Philip stand as the coffin bearing the body of Princess Diana is taken into Westminster Abbey in London
10. On September 2, 1997, Floral tributes on the paved area outside of Kensington Palace.