It is with sad news Nollywood announces the loss of one of its best actresses, Aisha Abimbola to breast cancer at the age of 47. She died May 15 in Canada.
Aisha was a versatile actress who was known for her roles in both English and Yoruba movies.
Here are some things you probably did not know about her.
1. She was born on the 19th of December, 1970 In Epe, Lagos State.
2. Her movie ‘Omoge Campus’ brought her to the limelight in 2001 and she later acted in ‘Eje Adegbenro’. She was also in Family sitcom ‘Kamson and Neighbours’ which aired for about 10 years. Produced by Rockview productions and directed by Tunji Bamishigbin.
3. She was born into a Muslim family but changed her religion to Christianity.
4. One of her biggest achievements is becoming a graduate despite life challenges
5. She is a graduate of hotel management and catering from Lagos State Polytechnic.
6. If she was not an actress, she would have been an MC, a chef or a pastor.
7. She was previously married and was a single mother of a boy and a girl.
8. She is a triplet, which is where she got her Eta Oko nickname.