flavour 2 stargist

Chinedu Okoli (born 23 November 1983), better known by his stage name Flavour N’abania, or simply Flavour, is a prolific Nigerian recording artist, dancer, songwriter, and performer.

Early life

LADIES Only. Read top entertainment, fashion and lifestyle stories on FabWoman

Flavour, who is well known for his ability to sing fluently in the Igbo language, was born in Enugu State, Nigeria. His family is originally from Umunze in Orumba South LGA, Anambra State, Nigeria.

Flavour began his music career at the age of 13 when he started playing the drums for his church choir in Enugu. The resident pastor at his church introduced him to a friend, Chris I Ordor, the CEO of SoundCity Communications. Mr. Ordor had just started a musical company aimed at training young musicians on the basics of music and nurturing them all the way to a professional level.

In 1996, Flavour was invited to join the company on an educational scholarship to study music. After three years of playing the drums, Flavour started playing the drums professionally. In 1999, Flavour moved on from playing the drums and started playing the keyboard. He also used to provide backing vocals for other musicians at SoundCity.

Career beginnings

At the age of 19, Flavour emerged unto Nigeria’s musical scene as a drummer and pianist for a local Enugu band. After learning to play drums professionally, Flavour received an offer to perform at City Centre, Enugu.

The massive crowd at City Centre inspired him to gain new grounds and reach great heights. Flavour’s educational background in music enabled him to learn music production from Dekumzy, Isi Charles and Nnachie.

He began his musical career as a drummer for a local church in his hometown of Enugu State. Flavour is popularly known across Africa and the world for his massive club banger “Nwa Baby (Ashawo Remix)”. He is currently signed to 2nite Entertainment Music Label.

In 2005, he released his self titled debut album N’abania. In 2010, Flavour released his second studio album Uplifted. It was supported by the singles “Nwa Baby (Ashawo Remix)”, “Adamma”, and “Oyi Remix”.

The album’s success made Flavour one of Africa’s most sought out artists. Flavour was booked to perform at numerous concerts and social events following Uplifted’s release

Blessed was released on 18 October 2012 through 2nite Entertainment and iROCKING LTD. The album is the successor to Uplifted. It is arguably Flavour’s biggest album to date due to the amount of producers that worked on it. It was launched on the same day of Flavour’s 2nite Club grand opening.

Family life

Flavour is the first son of a large family consisting of four siblings and seven step siblings. Flavour currently dwells in Lagos, Nigeria. Flavour’s family wasn’t very fond of his musical ambitions; they often dismissed it as a pipe dream. His mother in particular believed that his musical ambitions wouldn’t amount to anything.

Controversy

Flavour and Sandra stargist

Flavour has joined the league of “Babymamas”. He had his first child from Delta soap model Sandra Okagbue. Ex beauty queen Anna Banner also joined the league of Flavour’s baby mamas as she gives birth to child for him.

Flavour and Anna Banner stargist

Awards and nominations

Year Event Prize Nominated work Result Ref
2014 Ghana Music Awards African Artiste of the Year Pending
2013 The Headies Artiste of the Year Nominated
Album of the Year Blessed Nominated
Best R&B/Pop Album Nominated
Nigeria Music Video Awards (NMVA) Video of the Year “Ada Ada” Won
Best High Life Video Won
Best Indigenous Concept Won
Best use of costumes Won
Nigerian Entertainment Awards Best Indigenous Artist/Group Nominated
Ghana Music Awards African Artiste of the Year Nominated
City People Entertainment Awards Musician of the Year (Male) Nominated
Best Collabo of the Year “Give it to Me”
(Kcee featuring Flavour N’abania)
Won
2012 Nigeria Music Video Awards (NMVA) Best Highlife “Kwarikwa”
(featuring M-Jay, Wage G.Jay Dey, Elense)
Nominated
Channel O Music Video Awards Best R&B Video “Oyi Remix”
(featuring Tiwa Savage)
Won
The Headies Best Collabo “Orobo”
(Sound Sultan featuring Excel and Nigerian Entertainment Awards
Nigerian Entertainment Awards Best Indigenous Artist/Group Won
2011 Channel O Music Video Awards Most Gifted Afro-Pop Video “Nwa Baby (Ashawo Remix) Nominated
Most Gifted African West Video Nominated
Hip Hop World Awards (The Headies) Best R&B Single “Oyi Remix”
(featuring Tiwa Savage)
Nominated
Best Collabo “Number One”
(M.I featuring Flavour N’abania)
Won
Nigerian Entertainment Awards Best High Life Video “Nwa Baby (Ashawo Remix)” Nominated
2010 Ghana Music Awards African Artiste of the Year Nominated

Join the conversation. Leave a Comment

44 Comments so far. Feel free to join this conversation.

1. Sizar Freewill August 15, 2015 at 11:19 am - Reply

God almighty has lifted you from grass to grace

2. Donklef October 3, 2015 at 12:40 pm - Reply

Wow man ur amezing

3. My name is okpalaonyirioha ekene from akpo in aguata December 17, 2015 at 8:33 am - Reply

I need help

4. SOROIBE JANE-PRECIOUS IFEYINWA January 7, 2016 at 12:11 am - Reply

Flavour is a good singer i never love his song bt the first day i lesten his current music sexy rosey . He is good BAVO

5. Raelname: Prince Udeme stagename: Youngmark-zee January 19, 2016 at 9:17 am - Reply

Hellow boss, Mr flaour it ur boy Youngmark-zee upcoming plz i need ur help thank u boss, here ma number 08185464799

6. Raelname: Prince Udeme January 19, 2016 at 9:19 am - Reply

7. Realname: Prince plz boss i need ur help abey u, i'm and upcoming plz help me boss thank u mr flavour January 19, 2016 at 9:32 am - Reply

Am in lvu with all ur tracks boss, expecial dat track call ada ada/ power 2win

• MIGHTYBANJ March 30, 2016 at 12:45 pm - Reply

pls boss. elp me to become a something bcoz am nothing.08148933563

• My name is Augustine Emechebe.a.k.a SLIA June 25, 2016 at 10:48 pm - Reply

good day to Mr flavour my brother from umunze plz bro i need your help i can sing like you i can dance like u.plz bro

8. Realname: Prince plz boss i need ur help abey u, i'm and upcoming plz help me boss thank u mr flavour 08185464799 January 19, 2016 at 9:35 am - Reply

Am in lvu with all ur tracks boss, expecial dat track call ada ada/ power 2win

9. dj stanz. a. k. a. chiiboy February 1, 2016 at 6:05 am - Reply

The Names of his albums is another miracle for him. I love that

10. chizzydonjaja February 8, 2016 at 6:23 am - Reply

I really love dz guy,keep it burning my broda.I wish I can code with him.

11. Raphael Chikaniye Oba February 10, 2016 at 3:54 pm - Reply

Mr Flavour. I love your music from the first day i started lesting to music, am one of ur die fan good or bad sweet or not am always at ur side. Keep it up u and Chidinma. Oh baby u and i……

12. Celestine Chinedum Ndubueze March 11, 2016 at 3:33 pm - Reply

Chukwu na edu ayi na enu uwana flavour-ft-celestine HUSTLERS…… We pray oh lord.

13. Yung starry March 13, 2016 at 11:01 pm - Reply

Mr flavour. U ar a correct guy..kp it up. Am askn help 4rm u..lov ur sond ..Authe..wit alobam phyno. 2 of una go kil pers0n [email protected] Number:’m

14. Anonymous March 20, 2016 at 11:14 pm - Reply

Wow their have said it all just keep it up

15. my name is obalum emmanuel March 23, 2016 at 11:03 pm - Reply

Your best fan ever keep it on

16. Criss cross Ahan sha,akaa April 1, 2016 at 12:12 pm - Reply

Knowledge is a key to all success kip on trying my boss

17. Micheal Chukwunnaye April 14, 2016 at 12:47 pm - Reply

Please You Are My Mentor I Love Your Song Am A Singer 08148763936

18. NDIMELE CHINEDU June 5, 2016 at 1:13 pm - Reply

FLAVOUR, U B SENIOR MAN UR MUSIC DY SWEET ME LIKE SAY TOMORROW NO DAY. GIVE US MORE U WITH ALOBAM.

19. Alie G Bangura (Mr Confidence) June 9, 2016 at 11:01 am - Reply

Mr Flavour, U Are D Producer And I Am D Receiver,u Create And I Emmitate,u Write And I Copy From U So Thk U 4 Ur Help.

20. Bright ogidika ifeanyichukwu June 12, 2016 at 7:10 pm - Reply

Mr flavour l love all your song keep it up am ur best brother ever.

21. Amarachi Okeke July 9, 2016 at 3:45 pm - Reply

From ibughibu umuchu just ur side,ur music drives me crazy I love it keep it up bro

22. Anonymous July 23, 2016 at 4:27 pm - Reply

U Are 2mubh

23. Sama Sandy Jr. July 28, 2016 at 1:35 pm - Reply

Flavour you’re the best

24. my name is mrst franci August 17, 2016 at 7:09 am - Reply

i want you to call me 08176423732

25. I Am Starry Young September 7, 2016 at 8:00 am - Reply

Plz Flavour Help Me I Am A Rapist No Body To Move Me Futher I Am From Delta

26. I Am Starry Young September 7, 2016 at 8:20 am - Reply

Mr Flavour I Need Ur Help Plz Show Me D Way Am A Rapist Help Me Plz And I will Be Very Greatful Delta Boy My No Is 08103647680

27. CHEKESON October 12, 2016 at 9:32 pm - Reply

I AM INLOVE ALL YOUR MUSIC MORE ESPECIALLY “PROFESSOR AND BLACK IS BEAULTY”

28. Tala louis (Cameroonian) October 15, 2016 at 5:18 pm - Reply

with God all things are possible

29. Mhiz Favy October 16, 2016 at 9:04 pm - Reply

Oga Flavour,am Totally In Lov Wit Evry Track In Ur Albums.Nd 2 U Guys Success Iz Nt Jst By Proclaiming Alone Buh Also Wit Acting.Kip It Up Boss

30. lady chommy November 18, 2016 at 11:44 am - Reply

flavour nwa mama..ezennunu!! ighotago *smiles*, keep d fire burning dear, I luv u xo much!

31. Lordoski December 29, 2016 at 2:07 pm - Reply

Keep it up bro

32. samuel chigb[A.K.A pikin] January 1, 2017 at 7:58 am - Reply

flavour i lv ur music especially ada ada my number 09073913067

33. LINA A. January 26, 2017 at 8:57 pm - Reply

IN ALL YOU DO IN LIFE, REMEMBER GOD FIRST BECAUSE HE IS THE ULTIMATE DECIDER. AND MAKER OF ALL THINGS PLEASE.(TO ALL MUSICIANS OUT THERE).

34. Okeyjoseph Vincent February 23, 2017 at 11:39 pm - Reply

Flavour Nabania is my role model his songs are wow

35. blessed ibuchi May 16, 2017 at 9:12 pm - Reply

flavour is a real man i luv his musics especially ikwokirikwo & to be a man “.

36. Anonymous June 21, 2017 at 4:56 am - Reply

My escially Man I love Eavrything about you may mame is Mary from sudan

37. secondus ugochukwu July 2, 2017 at 11:05 pm - Reply

My gods father move on your gods son is behind you, but I will like to be with you

38. Anioje Henry July 5, 2017 at 8:53 am - Reply

Flavour stimulated my interest in naija music. His skill of blending ibo with english is unrivaled. looking forward to when you will perform in my community annual event- Ebendo Day.

39. Maria frm Nambia September 2, 2017 at 6:10 am - Reply

Your music r just like fire burning frequently every where n “Africa..
    I use to feel resting an stress free whenever am listening to one of your “”romance tracks’
    your innocent voice has driven m in new world..
    all thanks to you mr Chinedu Okoli a.k.a Flavour,keep intertain us dear.

40. Double-C September 16, 2017 at 8:10 pm - Reply

Mr Flavour i just want to ask if you can help me for my Christian songs because i have some song written on my dairy book now, and i can rap. Just connect me, ema na phino si na ewee onye ya etiye gi ebe i ga na eweta chaa na ewee connect, nwanne okwa gi bu connection nwee kitaa, beko lota m

41. Monday Nwuzor October 15, 2017 at 5:57 pm - Reply

Oga Chinedu (mr flavour) good day to u and ur family. am a monday nwuzor i from ebonyi state am small boy were luv u luv ur music and luv the way u demostrat thank u brother i like that.May ur music continue reign 4ever. Incase if u need small boy to work with u even to clean ur cars am ready thank u sir. My no, 08171160602.

42. Johnson October 29, 2017 at 12:28 am - Reply

Aslong as masterkraft is on d bit,Mr flavour wil always do us a favour.